<MP>Friday, 19 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:45:52 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I ' M    H O M E
They had to remove the Central Line because of the infection.  So I'll be
home and have IV antibiotics at the Cancer Center at Franciscan Skemp every
day through Christmas Day when they'll do a peripheral blood draw.  For much
more, including the tentative future schedule, visit my Blog at:
www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

Blessed Pope Urban V (1310-1370)
In 1362, the man elected pope declined the office. When the cardinals could
not find another person among them for that important office, they turned to
a relative stranger: the holy person we honor today.   For more, follow the
link below:

An angel of the LORD appeared to the woman and said to her, "Though you are
barren and have had no children, yet you will conceive and bear a son. Now,
then, be careful to take no wine or strong drink and to eat nothing unclean.
As for the son you will conceive and bear, no razor shall touch his head,
for this boy is to be consecrated to God from the womb. It is he who will
begin the deliverance of Israel from the power of the Philistines."  ~Judges
13:2-7, 24-25a

After this time his wife Elizabeth conceived, and she went into seclusion
for five months, saying, "So has the Lord done for me at a time when he has
seen fit to take away my disgrace before others." ~Luke 1:5-25

Another miraculous birth! The angel Gabriel appears and Elizabeth and
Zechariah conceive a child, John the Baptist. Miraculous births are
pre-shadowed in today's first reading from the Book of Judges as well. A new
era is ready to begin.  God WILL rend the heavens and come down.  The
prayer, "O come O come Emmanuel, and ransom captive Israel," is answered.
And Jesus will be born in our hearts.  We can prepare room for Him.  And He
will come again at the end of time, if we're ready or not. So ... let's be
ready!

I pray that I may wait in joyful hope for the coming of Jesus, and that I
may prepare the way for His coming ... on Christmas, and at the end of time!