<MP>Friday, 18 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 20:26:07 -0500

PENTECOST NOVENA BEGINS TOMORROW!
A novena is made up of nine days of prayers for a special cause.  The Novena
in honor of the Holy Spirit is the most ancient of all Novenas.  It was the
first one ever prayed.  It recalls the period of nine days where Jesus sent
his apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit at
Pentecost. This wonderful Novena is addressed to the Holy Spirit and can be
a powerful way for us to prepare to receive the light, strength and courage
we need.

So, let's pray this wonderful Novena, beginning on the Friday after
Ascension Thursday, this year on the 18th of May, even when, like this year
in the United States, the celebration of Holy Thursday is transferred to the
next Sunday.  Come Holy Spirit, Come!

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you live near Onalaska you're invited to an information morning or
evening ... with a great video of many of the places we'll visit,
information about our Pilgrimages in general, and a chance to ask questions.
Tuesday, 29 May at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.

This just in ... Sister Joselda will be holding a similar meeting at her
Parish, Saint Jude in Beloit, WI on 24 May.  I'll include time and place in
tomorrow's Morning Prayer!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order
that the world might be saved through him."  ~John 3:17

We can look by faith into that place beyond space or time where God dwells,
from where we came and to which we shall eventually return. "Look to him and
be saved."  To look beyond material things is within the power of our
imagination.  Faith's look can save us from despair. Faith's look can save
us from worry and care.  Faith's look can bring a peace beyond all
understanding.  Faith's look can bring us all the strength we need.  Faith's
look can give us a new and vital power and a wonderful peace and serenity.

I pray that I may have faith's look.  I pray that by faith I may look beyond
the now to eternal life.

Lloyd ask for prayers for his sister inlaw who will be having a biopsy for a
tumor in her breast. Eloise is fighting cancer for the third time and is
going thru a hard time with chemo. Judy asks for prayers for a friend's 6
year old granddaughter who lost her arm in a boating accident on Mother's
Day.

Mary requests prayers for her sister-in-law and brother since they need a
miracle; besides paralysis, she has now been found to have more new brain
tumors. Ann asks prayers for a priest who is in need of prayers. Linda asks
prayers for a special intention.

Nancy from PA requests prayers that law enforcement officers are able to
find the killer or killers of the three members of a family who were
murdered locally over the weekend and those responsible be brought to
justice. Rebecca from NJ requests prayers for her grandmother who is in
hospital recovering from a food allergy reaction.

Nancy asks prayers for Natalie who beginning a new job next week that it may
be the beginning of many good things in her life. Maria asks prayers for a
special intention. Lucy asks for prayers for herself to quickly recover from
a major heartbreak. Amy asks prayers for a special intention.