<MP>Friday, 18 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:15:39 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** At least 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

Blessed Angeline of Marsciano (1374-1435)
Blessed Angeline founded the first community of Franciscan women other than
Poor Clares to receive papal approval.
Angeline was born to the Duke of Marsciano (near Orvieto). She was 12 when
her mother died. Three years later the young woman made a vow of perpetual
chastity. That same year, however, she yielded to her father's decision that
she marry the Duke of Civitella. Her husband agreed to respect her previous
vow.  For more, follow the link below:

You saved my life, O Lord; I shall not die.  ~Isaiah 38

I say to you, something greater than the temple is here. If you knew what
this meant, I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
you would not have condemned these innocent men. For the Son of Man is Lord
of the Sabbath."   ~Matthew 12:1-8

Sometimes we run in circles, trying to do the right things ... to please
those around us.  Sometimes we do wonderful deed to court the favor of
others.  And Jesus says, "I desire mercy, not sacrifice."  How blessed it is
to be merciful.  We count on the Lord's Divine Mercy and strive to offer the
same kind of mercy to others that we seek and need ourselves.

I pray that I may be a person of mercy, that the good I do may not be for
show.  I pray that my sacrifices too, may be made with love and mercy, that
those around me may experience some of the Lord's Divine Mercy flowing
through me.