<MP>Friday, 18 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:51:23 -0500

.=:  R A F F L E    T I C K E T S  :=.
     Family Fun Fest

Our Family Fun Fest is October 15th.  It will be a great afternoon of fun
for our parishioners.  We also have Raffle Tickets available.  There are 4
$1000 prizes, a $500 prize and 5 $100 prizes.  If you'd like tickets, see
the special page at our Parish Web Site.  I appreciate the many of you who
help out in this way.  I can't remember a raffle when some of our
cyber-members weren't winners!  One of our cyber-members has won twice in
the St. Pat's Calendar Raffle already!  Just follow the link from:

       www.stpatz.com

Fatima / Lourdes/ Spain /France 2006

October 2-13, 2006.  Several seats may still be available. Seats will be
ticketed on 02 September.  If you'd like to join us, act now!

As always, the Pilgrimage Brochure, map of our travels, links to our Hotels
and much more are available at my Web Site.  Just click the link from:

"Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the
door will be opened for you.  For everyone who asks receives, and everyone
who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."
~Matthew 7:7-8

We seek God's presence and "they who search shall find."  It is not a
question of searching so much as an inner consciousness of God's spirit in
our heart.  To realize God's presence we can surrender to God's will in the
small as well as in the big things of life.  This makes God's guidance
possible.  Some things separate us from God--a false word, a fear-inspired
failure, a harsh criticism, a stubborn resentment.  These are the things
that put a distance between us and God.  A word of love, a selfless
reconciliation, a kind act of helpfulness--these help us draw nearer to God.

I pray that I may think and say and do the things that help me draw nearer
to God.  I pray that I may find God in a sincere prayer, a kind word or an
unselfish deed.

A fellow parishioner asks prayers for a family which lost its
father/husband/son this week. Jeanne asks for prayers for her brother whose
cancer has spread to the liver, so the diagnosis will be an early stage of
cancer. Help me find a good husband so I can have a happy and holy marriage.

A member requests prayers for her son who is undergoing tests for hepatitis
B. Mary asks prayers for a good outcome on an upcoming medical test.
Michelle asks for prayers for a successful and safe surgery and full
recovery for her father having major surgery on Friday to remove a large
growth on his pancreas, so that they may work on becoming closer in their
relationship.

Toni and Tim ask prayers for the couples who are making Marriage Encounter
this weekend on Maui. Sally requests prayers for her friend who is
immunosupressed and now diagnosed with Salmonella. Kathy gives thanksgiving
for her mother receiving good breast biopsy test results.

Member Sandy request prayers for good testing results and healing after
surgery. Marilyn asks prayers for the healing of a friend with various
medical problems. Margaret requests prayers for her son as he starts his own
business and is making marriage plans at the same time so that both will be
successful!