<MP>Friday, 18 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:45:18 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Blessed James Oldo (1364-1404)
You've heard rags-to-riches stories. Today, we celebrate the reverse.
James of Oldo was born in 1364, into a well-to-do family near Milan. He
married a woman who, like him, appreciated the comforts that came with
wealth. But an outbreak of plague drove James, his wife and their three
children out of their home and into the countryside. Despite those
precautions, two of his daughters died from the plague, James determined to
use whatever time he had left to build up treasures in heaven and to build
God's realm on earth. For more, follow the link below:

We ourselves are proclaiming this good news to you that what God promised
our fathers he has brought to fulfillment for us, their children, by raising
up Jesus, as it is written in the second psalm, You are my Son; this day I
have begotten you." ~Acts 13:26-33

Thomas said to him, "Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we
know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me." ~John 14:1-6

Both of our readings today speak about Jesus. We hear about Him as the
fulfillment of God's promise, "You are my Son; this day I have begotten
you."  We also hear that Jesus is preparing a place for us ... and that we
know the way.  Thankfully Thomas didn't understand, so Jesus explains: "I am
the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except
through me."

I pray that I may be grateful that God sent His son Jesus as the fulfillment
of His promise and the answer to our prayers.  I pray that I may always
strive to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, knowing that he is the way and
the truth and the life, and that no one comes to the Father except through
Him.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jane asks prayers for a save trip for herself and 3 friends. Mom asks for
safe travel for Aquinas HS students going on Pilgrimage to NY City today
through Monday - that they will come back with a sense of spiritual
renewal, deeper faith and wonderful memories. Carol requests prayer for oral
surgery scheduled for Monday the 21st.

A member asks prayers for a friend's husband who is having cancer surgery on
May 7. Connie asks prayers for her husband who will travel to India this
week-end, that his journey be safe and his trip successful. A mother asks
prayers for her daughter, that she will obtain a good public school teaching
position and for her to be happy.

Anna-Marie asks prayers for a special intention. Ray asks prayers for his
brother-in-law who will be starting radiation and chemo treatments this week
for throat cancer. Peggy asks prayers for jury deliberations on a trial,
also that Fr. Pat have a successful eye surgery.