<MP>Friday, 17 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 19:27:59 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Benedict Joseph Labre (d. 1783)
Benedict Joseph Labre was truly eccentric, one of God's special little ones.
Born in France and the eldest of 18 children, he studied under his uncle, a
parish priest. Because of poor health and a lack of suitable academic
preparation he was unsuccessful in his attempts to enter the religious life.
Then, at 16 years of age, a profound change took place. Benedict lost his
desire to study and gave up all thoughts of the priesthood, much to the
consternation of his relatives.  For more, follow the link below:

He is the stone rejected by you, the builders, which has become the
cornerstone. There is no salvation through anyone else, nor is there any
other name under heaven given to the human race by which we are to be saved.
~Acts 4:1-12

Jesus said to them, "Come, have breakfast." And none of the disciples dared
to ask him, "Who are you?" because they realized it was the Lord. Jesus came
over and took the bread and gave it to them, and in like manner the fish.
~John 21:1-14

He fed them.  It's amazing that, after Jesus rose from the dead, many came
to know him in the breaking of the bread. Sometimes they were restrained
from knowing him until that time. The "stone rejected by the builders has
become the cornerstone." Jesus gave all he had for us ... even his own body,
broken for us, and his blood, poured out for us.

I pray that I may know that God is more important than anything.  I pray
that I can appreciate more and more the Eucharist, and the fact that really
and truly I can receive the Body and Blood of Christ Himself.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dolly asks prayers for her niece to have a successful and favorable result
on her bone scan tomorrow. Member asks for prayers that her doctor may find
the reason for her fatigue and for a friend who has prostate cancer. Doris,
requests prayers for a friend who was recently diagnosed with ovarian
cancer.

Connic requests guidance from the Holy Spirit for herself and her husband,
that they make good plans for the future. Margaret asks prayers for a
special intention. Connic requests guidance from the Holy Spirit for herself
and her husband, that they make good plans for the future.

Shannon requests prayers for successful open-heart surgery and recovery for
her friend's husband. A Grandmother begs for prayers for her grandson (16)
who got in trouble in school and now has to go to juvenile court. Please
pray for all Retrouvaille Couples attending retreat  weekend 4/17 - 19 in
Santa Clarita CA.

Donna is requesting prayers for her husband that the outcome of tests he
will have show no signs of cancer in the bladder. Lisa Marie asks prayers
for her brother-in-law who recently lost his job, that he may find
employment soon. Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special intention.

Rosemary asks prayers for a special intention. Giselle asks prayers for a
special intention. Jan asks prayers for good results from medical tests her
daughter will have on Tuesday and that her pain will subside. Loretta asks
prayers for her daughter-in-law who lost her job.

Emily asks prayers for a young mother/friend who is being treated for cancer
the third time. Frieda asks prayers for three special intentions. Mary
requests prayers for employment for her husband and herself.