<MP>Friday, 16 November 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:20:57 -0600

W E ' R E    B A C K
We're back from a wonderful Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.  It seems like we
have been up forever.  I can't believe all the things we saw!  Know that we
remembered you and your intentions at Mass and in our prayers.  I hope you
prayed for us, too!

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

Why not forward a copy to family members and friends. Morning Prayer
provides a short reflection and a concrete way to apply Scriptures to our
lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the Mass of the Day. Learn more
by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Margaret of Scotland (1050?-1093)
Margaret of Scotland was a liberated woman, in the sense that she was free
to be herself, which meant freedom to love God and to serve others. She was
actually from Hungary but was shipwrecked off the coast of Scotland.  King
Malcolm befriended them and married Margaret, who smoothed his temper and
rough edges and helped him become a virtuous king. She had a deep interior
prayer life and did much to help the poor.  For more about Margaret, click
the link below:

"All men were by nature foolish who were in ignorance of God, and who from
the good things seen did not succeed in knowing him who is, and from
studying the works did not discern the artisan."  ~ Wisdom 13:1-9

"Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses it will
save it."  ~ Luke 17:26-37

As we near Advent we consider physical death and the end of the world as we
know it. It is difficult for us to abandon and deny ourselves and to put on
Christ. Pride is the obstacle that holds us back. Pride makes us attribute
the good that we find in ourselves to our own work, or, if we see that id
does come from God, to attribute it to our own merits.

I pray that I may stand humbly before God.  I pray that I may accept my
goodness as a free gift of God.  I pray that I may lose myself and put on
Christ.