<MP>Friday 16 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 20:20:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   NEW BROCHURE AVAILABLE at www.frpat.com
   Now departing from 3 Cities: La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and EAST COST
MEMBERS New York (JFK)
   Due to an American Airlines Schedule change we've added a day to the
Pilgrimage, so now it's 13 days!
   Only a $50 Price increase from Chicago or JFK in New York ($2749) before
02 August
   La Crosse price stays the same ($2899) before 02 August
   *** 9 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   It may be possible to get more seats from La Crosse, but price would have
to be negotiated.
   Now flying from JFK in New York as well, for our East Coast and Canadian
members
   Remember, it has been taking up to 3 months to get a passport
   More interest has been shown in this trip than any other ... we've been
registering people almost daily

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008. A NEW BROCHURE is available now, since it was necessary to add a day
to the itinerary due to a schedule change at American Airlines.  We'll add
some free time at Sorrento and spend another night there.  We'll have the
chance to visit Monte Cassino (St. Benedict) too, and will be able to enjoy
a free day in Rome.  There will be one more dinner on our own ... but the
price change is negligible ... just $50 more from Chicago and now from JFK
in New York and no change at all from La Crosse (benefiting from a $50
priced reduction in the flight from La Crosse and Chicago. So, it's  $2749
from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The NEW BROCHURE is
available on-line right now.  Please destroy any old brochures.  The NEW
BROCHURE has a photo of Sister Joselda and I on the cover, so you can keep
them separate.  For Saint Patrick Onalaska parishioners wee should have
printed brochures available in Church this weekend.  Just follow the link
from: www.frpat.com __________________________________________________

St. Margaret of Cortona (1247-1297)
Margaret was born of farming parents in Laviano, Tuscany. Her mother died
when Margaret was seven; life with her stepmother was so difficult that
Margaret moved out. For nine years she lived with Arsenio, though they were
not married, and she bore him a son. In those years, she had doubts about
her situation. Somewhat like St. Augustine she prayed for purity-but not
just yet. For more, click the link below:

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone says he has faith but
does not have works? Can that faith save him?  James 2:14-24, 26

Jesus summoned the crowd with his disciples and said to them, "Whoever
wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow
me." ~Mark 8:33-9:1

We can tell ourselves that we have faith and that we'll be saved by that
faith.  Still faith joins us together with other people of faith and we
involve ourselves in making things better for those around us.  If our faith
does not lead to good works then something is missing.  As Jesus tells the
crowd and his disciples: "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself,
take up his cross, and follow me."

I pray that I may develop the kind of faith that unites me with others and
involves me in good works on behalf of othres.  I pray that I may take up my
cross each day, and follow in the footsteps of Jesus!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Pam asks prayers for a very special intention of her family. Rosa asks
prayers for a special intention. Beryl asks prayers for a special intention.
Briana requests prayers for her grandpa who was taken to the hospital by
ambulance this morning that he quickly recover and come back home. For
Father Pat on the 28th Anniversary of his Ordination to Priesthood.

Karen requests prayers for her nephews' wife who is about to give birth to
their second child that God bless them with a healthy baby. Mary asks
prayers for a special intention. For the victims of horrific government
suppression and violent intimidation Zimbabwe.

Sudeep requests prayers for friend who is very ill with a 70:30 chance of
recovery after surgery that he be strengthened and healed completely. Nancy
from PA requests prayers for her hairdresser who was just diagnosed with
breast cancer this past week that her faith in God will bring her renewed
hope and strength for the challenges that may lie ahead.