<MP>Friday, 16 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:42:43 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N
E L E V E N  Spaces Remain!  Early sign-up deadline is 24 June!
We've surpassed our goal of 36 Pilgrims and now have 39.
We *do* have room for 50.  Save $100 by paying your deposit by 24 June!

We now have 39 Pilgrims who have paid deposits for our October Pilgrimage.
That's our goal.  We've reached it much earlier than ever before!  If you'd
still like to join us, you can.  Our limit though, is 50. Remember, the
early sign-up deadline is 24 June.  The price rises $100 after that date. To
go on the trip you need to register with and pay your deposit to Pentecost
Tours. For complete details, follow the link from:

www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"O give thanks to the LORD, call on his name, make known his deeds among the
peoples.  Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wonderful works.
Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually."  ~Psalm
105:1-4

We can seek God early in the day, before God gets crowded out by life's
problems, difficulties or pleasures.  In that early quiet time we can gain a
calm, strong confidence in the goodness and purpose in the universe.  We
need not seek God only when the world's struggles prove too much and too
many for us to bear or face alone.  We can seek God early, when we can have
a consciousness of God's spirit in the world. Sometimes we seek God only
when our difficulties are too great to be surmounted in any other way,
forgetting that if we sought God's companionship before we needed it, many
of our difficulties would never arise in the first place!

I pray that I may not let God be crowded out by the busyness of life. I pray
that I may seek God early and often.

Sheila requests prayers for someone who is experiencing complications
secondary to a  kidney transplant, and for his wife who is ever by his side.
Marilynn asks for prayers for her mother who is in intensive care after
heart surgery. Pat asks for prayers her husband who is having an MRI, that
everything be alright. A member requests prayers for her husband who will
undergo back surgery on Monday, 19 June.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.