<MP>Friday, 16 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:13:01 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in
heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my
burden is light."  ~Matthew 11:29-30

I can try to be unruffled, no matter what happens.  I can keep my emotions
in check, although others around me are letting theirs go.  I can keep calm
in the face of disturbance, keep that deep, inner calm through all the
experiences of the day.  In the rush of work and worry, the deep, inner
silence is necessary to keep me on an even keel.  I can learn to take the
calm with me into the most hurried of days.

I pray that I may be still and commune with God.  I pray that I may learn
patience, humility and peace.

Sue requests prayers for her two daughters who are confused about a lot of
things in life, that God will give them guidance and love from heaven. Karen
asks for prayers for her sister and brother in law who have had health and
work difficulties that the Lord give them peace and strength. Virginia asks
prayers for a special intention. Nancy asks prayers for a successful surgery
and recovery.

Mindy asks prayers for several intentions.  Nancy asks prayers for her
husband who will have open-heart surgery on Friday. Anita asks prayers for a
special intention. Tom requests prayers to continue trusting in God's plan
for the future. A mother asks prayers for her daughter who faces very
significant problems in her school situation.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site