<MP>Friday, 15 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:35:39 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S U R G E R Y
Thanks for your prayers.  The trip to Mayo went well today.  The snow was
bad enough, but I made it without too much trouble.  It seemed a bit less
painful when the bandages were removed, but it should get better day by day.
I return to have it checked again next Wednesday.

V A L E N T I N E ' S    D A Y

I found a group of Valentines dating from 1848-1921.  They were sent from
the Blair/Arcadia area.  I scanned them , along with some of the written
messages inside.  Come and see this treasure. The message from one of the
1848 Valentines is included at the bottom of this e-mail.  Visit our Web
Site for our Valentine's Day Page.  I've included some good links, including
the History of Valentine's Day, Saint Valentine, and a *wonderful* story ...
"The Beautiful Heart." Use the easy on-line referral form too, to recommend
this page to family members and friends.  Learn more about Devotion to the
Sacred Heart of Jesus as well. Just follow the banner link from:
http://frpat.com/

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the
Stations every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal. For
more about this Saint, follow the link below:

Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Claude la Colombière (1641-1682)
This is a special day for the Jesuits, who claim today?s saint as one of
their own. It?s also a special day for people who have a special devotion to
the Sacred Heart of Jesus?a devotion Claude la Colombière promoted, along
with his friend and spiritual companion, St. Margaret Mary Alacoque.

Thus says the Lord GOD: If the wicked man turns away from all the sins he
committed, if he keeps all my statutes and does what is right and just, he
shall surely live, he shall not die. ~ Ezekiel 18:21-28

Therefore, if you bring your gift to the altar, and there recall that your
brother has anything against you, leave your gift there at the altar, go
first and be reconciled with your brother, and then come and offer your
gift.  ~ Matthew 5:20-26

It's wonderful news, that whenever we turn away from our sins, God will be
there to welcome us back ... and we shall live!  God calls us to be
forgiving as well.  As He says, "If you bring your gift to the altar, and
there recall that your brother has anything against you, leave your gift
there at the altar, go first and be reconciled with your brother, and then
come and offer your gift."  Our lives can be much happier if we turn to God
with forgiveness, then extend forgiveness to those who have harmed us.

I pray that I may never forget that God's love for me endures, and that I
can turn back to God and away from my sins any time.  I pray too, that I may
be quick to forgive those who have harmed me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Frances asks prayers for the intentions of her prayer group. Marietta
requests prayer for her son for a cure for a fatty liver. A member asks
prayers for Father Pat and for her special intention. Kathy requests prayers
for a young man who has successfully completed a drug rehab program and is
now on a sincere faith journey.

A mother asks for prayers for her son that he will accept Jesus in his life
and will stop turning his back on the Lord, and that God will show him that
He is with him always. Anthony asks prayers for a cure for his wife who has
breast cancer. Ann asks prayers for a cousin from New York, who is dying of
Lung Cancer. Eileen requests prayers for her 10 year old nephew who is
suffering from anxiety that God will grant him peace and happiness.

Rosemary asks prayers for her mother who is in the last stages of
Parkinson's disease. Lory is asking a prayer for the good health of her
family and friends. Donna asks prayers for someone that he may recover fully
from his life-threatening infection. Walter requests prayer for a friend's
niece, who is 13 and has advanced stages of leukemia.