<MP>Friday, 15 May 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:53:08 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Isidore the Farmer (1070-1130)
Isidore has become the patron of farmers and rural communities. In
particular he is the patron of Madrid, Spain, and of the United States
National Rural Life Conference. When he was barely old enough to wield a
hoe, Isidore entered the service of John de Vergas, a wealthy landowner from
Madrid, and worked faithfully on his estate outside the city for the rest of
his life. He married a young woman as simple and upright as himself who also
became a saint-Maria de la Cabeza. They had one son, who died as a child.
For more, follow the link below:

'It is the decision of the Holy Spirit and of us not to place on you any
burden beyond these necessities, namely, to abstain from meat sacrificed to
idols, from blood, from meats of strangled animals, and from unlawful
marriage.
If you keep free of these, you will be doing what is right. Farewell.'"
~Acts 15:22-31

Jesus said to his disciples: "This is my commandment: love one another as I
love you. No one has greater love than this,
to lay down one's life for one's friends."  ~John 15:12-17

The Holy Spirit continues to speak, and to draw more an more believers.
Jesus does the same, telling his disciples: "This is my commandment: love
one another as I love you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down
one's life for one's friends." He did just that for us, and calls us to
great love for those around us.

I pray that my example may help many draw nearer to God.  I pray that I may
love others, and even lay doe my life for my friends.