<MP>Friday, 15 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:45:35 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

WE HAVE AN ITINERARY: We have a tentative Itinerary for the trip. Follow
the link from www.frpat.com for details. Land arrangements, hotels and
pricing will be on the way soon!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

First Drawing is 18 January!
Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  First drawing is on 18 January, so
there's still time to get some calendars! If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Paul the Hermit (c. 233-345)
It is unclear what we really know of Paul's life, how much is fable, how
much fact. Paul was reportedly born in Egypt, where he was orphaned by age
15. He was also a learned and devout young man. During the persecution of
Decius in Egypt in the year 250, Paul was forced to hide in the home of a
friend. Fearing a brother-in-law would betray him, he fled in a cave in
the desert. His plan was to return once the persecution ended, but the
sweetness of solitude and heavenly contemplation convinced him to stay.
He went on to live in that cave for the next 90 years. A nearby spring
gave him drink, a palm tree furnished him clothing and nourishment. After
21 years of solitude a bird began bringing him half of a loaf of bread
each day. Without knowing what was happening in the world, Paul prayed
that the world would become a better place.

For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord. ~Psalm 89

They came bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men. Unable to get
near Jesus because of the crowd, they opened up the roof above him. After
they had broken through, they let down the mat on which the paralytic was
lying. ~Mark 2:1-12

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

We can bring those in need of help the the Lord. The friends of the
paralytic man opened the roof above Jesus and lowered their friend through
the roof. And Jesus cured their friend. If they had not had the courage
and ingenuity to find a way to bring their friend to Jesus he never would
have been healed.

I pray that I may use my courage and ingenuity to bring those around me in
need of the Lord closer to Him. I pray that I may be a good and
faith-filled friend and family member.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!

(c)MMX, Fr. Pat Umberger