<MP>Friday, 15 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:15:15 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes - Time is running out!

2007 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2007.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!

       www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"And he will destroy on this mountain the shroud that is cast over all
peoples, the sheet that is spread over all nations; he will swallow up death
forever. Then the Lord GOD will wipe away the tears from all faces, and the
disgrace of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the LORD
has spoken. It will be said on that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited
for him, so that he might save us. This is the LORD for whom we have waited;
let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation."  ~Isaiah 25:7-9

We can live today in the consciousness of God's contact, upholding us in all
good thoughts, words and deeds.  If sometimes there seems to be a shadow on
our lives and we feel out of sorts, we can remember that this is not the
withdrawal of God's presence, but only our own temporary unwillingness to
realize it.  The quiet gray days are the days for doing what we must do, but
we can know that the consciousness of God's nearness will return and be with
us again, when the gray days are past.

I pray that I may face the dull days with courage.  I pray that I may have
faith that the bright days will return.

Marilyn asks prayers for her husband who will undergo an endoscopy on Monday
to determine if there is a problem in throat area. Members asks for prayers
for the hungry, the homeless, the abused, the abandoned, the neglected, the
oppressed, the depressed, the suicidal, the atheists, the agnostics and
those with only tepid faith. Tommy asks prayers for a special intention.

A member requests prayers for a priest who has gone into rehabilitation. Bud
asks for prayers for his boss' wife recovery, who is in and out of ICU.
Gloria asks prayers for a special intention. Frank asks prayers for
favorable results from his test and exam by his doctor on Monday.

A Grandma is asking for prayers for her granddaughter who is struggling and
needs to follow the Lord's direction, and prayer that she may receive love
and support and help  from her family. Mary Jane requests prayers for God's
intervention in resolving employment issues due to corporate downsizing.
Mary requests prayers the she and her husband find employment quickly.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm