<MP>Friday, 14 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:41:04 -0500 (CDT)

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

C O N T I N U I N G    T O    R E C O V E R

I continue my recovery from eye surgery here in Boston.  I'll return to
Onalska on Tuesday evening.  Thanks so much for your prayers!

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

From Today's Mass . . .

"Just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of Man
be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life."

E X A L T A T I O N    O F    T H E    C R O S S

Today we celebarte the Exaltation of the Cross.  We exalt 'christ's cross
whenever we freely take it up.  The cross frees us from the pwoer of the
enemy and brings the promise of salvation.

We usually don't like the crosses in our lives.  They can be illnesses,
losses, disappointments, difficulties and more. Still, we can remember how
Jesus died on the cross for us. We can remember that there is no
resurrection without there first being a death.  We can appreciate the
Lord's presence with us as we bear the crosses life presents. We can unite
our own sufferings with the sufferings of Christ.

I pray that I may not shring from bearing the crosses in my life.  I pray
that I might always remember the Lord's presence with me and the promise
of eternal life and happiness Jesus offers me through the Triump of the
Cross.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.