<MP>Friday, 14 August 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:55:30 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe (1894-1941)
?I don?t know what?s going to become of you!? How many parents have said
that? Maximilian Mary Kolbe?s reaction was, ?I prayed very hard to Our Lady
to tell me what would happen to me. She appeared, holding in her hands two
crowns, one white, one red. She asked if I would like to have them?one was
for purity, the other for martyrdom. I said, ?I choose both.? She smiled and
disappeared.? After that he was not the same. He entered the minor seminary
of the Conventual Franciscans in Lvív (then Poland, now Ukraine), near his
birthplace, and at 16 became a novice. Though he later achieved doctorates
in philosophy and theology, he was deeply interested in science, even
drawing plans for rocket ships.   For more, follow the link below:

?I gave you a land that you had not tilled and cities that you had not
built, to dwell in; you have eaten of vineyards and olive groves which you
did not plant.? ~Joshua 24:1-13

Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not
so. I say to you, whoever divorces his wife
(unless the marriage is unlawful) and marries another commits adultery.
~Matthew 19:3-12

"Because of the hardness of your hearts."  God is unbelievable generous with
us.  He has been with His people since the very beginning.  But sometimes
His people turn away and follow their own wills.  In times like this it is
important for us to remember God's generosity and His will in our lives.
Things always turn out better when we do them God's way.

I pray that I may not have "hardness of heart."  I pray that I may be
grateful for God's generosity and follow His will.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for a safe and fruitful journey as she and
her husband travel Friday to Fr. Corapi's conference in Buffalo on Saturday
and their subsequent travel to Canada. Linda asks prayers for her son who
has left the Church. Debbie asks prayers for daughter who is trying to find
an affordable place to live in LA so she and her family can be together.

Sandra requests prayers for her brother-in-law whose cancer has
metastasized. Judy asks prayers for her Daughter to find a good job.
Rosemarie asks prayers for a special intention. Thanksgiving for the
Ministry of Father Pat, this internet international connection is super
spiritual!

Juanita asks prayers for a special intention. Deb ask prayers for her son
who is having a hard time at a dead end job. Lee asks for prayers for her
sister who has advanced cancer.

A mother asks for prayers for her son as he travels to Spain on Sunday for 8
days, that he will be safe and have a good time and return safely. Janice
requests prayers for her 21 yr old niece who has life threatening Hodgkin's
lymphoma. A mother requests prayers for her son for good test results and
good health.