<MP>Friday, 13 November 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:02:28 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Frances Xavier Cabrini was the first United States citizen to be canonized.
Her deep trust in the loving care of her God gave her the strength to be a
valiant woman doing the work of Christ. Refused admission to the religious
order which had educated her to be a teacher, she began charitable work at
the House of Providence Orphanage in Cadogno, Italy. In September 1877, she
made her vows there and took the religious habit.

When the bishop closed the orphanage in 1880, he named Frances prioress of
the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart. Seven young women from the
orphanage joined with her.

Since her early childhood in Italy, Frances had wanted to be a missionary in
China but, at the urging of Pope Leo XIII, Frances went west instead of
east. She traveled with six sisters to New York City to work with the
thousands of Italian immigrants living there.   For more, follow the link
below:

For if they so far succeeded in knowledge that they could speculate about
the world, how did they not more quickly find its Lord? ~Wisdom 13:1-9

So it will be on the day the Son of Man is revealed. On that day, someone
who is on the housetop and whose belongings are in the house must not go
down to get them, and likewise one in the field must not return to what was
left behind. ~Luke 17:26-37

Christ has died. Christ is risen. Christ will come again.  In this month we
reflect on the end of time. We pray for those who have died. We anticipate
the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We seek the wisdom to live life
according to our calling, and to be ready for the new life God promises us.

I pray that I may live life according to my calling. I pray that I may be
ready for the new life God promises me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member requests prayers for someone who will be undergoing surgery
tomorrow, that the surgery be successful. Richard asks prayers for a special
intention. Trymore asks for prayers as he is looking for a new job, better
paying and good working standards.

Theresa asks prayers for a special intention. A member asks for prayers that
her nephew and all those seeking employment find meaningful jobs.