<MP>Friday, 13 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:58:12 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Leander of Seville (c. 550-600)
The next time you recite the Nicene Creed at Mass, think of today's saint.
For it was Leander of Seville who, as bishop, introduced the practice in the
sixth century. He saw it as a way to help reinforce the faith of his people
and as an antidote against the heresy of Arianism, which denied the divinity
of Christ. By the end of his life, Leander had helped Christianity flourish
in Spain at a time of political and religious upheaval.  For more, follow
the link below:

Judah said to his brothers: "What is to be gained by killing our brother and
concealing his blood? Rather, let us sell him to these Ishmaelites, instead
of doing away with him ourselves. After all, he is our brother, our own
flesh." His brothers agreed. They sold Joseph to the Ishmaelites for twenty
pieces of silver. ~Genesis 37:3-4, 12-13a, 17b-28a

Jesus said to them, Did you never read in the Scriptures:
The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; by the Lord
has this been done, and it is wonderful in our eyes? ~Matthew 21:33-43,
45-46

People sometimes are jealous if we excel or if we seem favored by those in
power. That sometimes results in rejection.  Yet God sees things as we
don't.  He knows that "The stone the builders rejected has become the
cornerstone."  We can resist the temptation to judge or reject.  We can pray
for the wisdom of God.  We can know always that Jesus is the cornerstone of
our lives.

I pray that I may not be jealous of or reject others.  I pray that I may
have God's wisdom and do His work and His will.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Edy requests prayers for her only daughter's special intentions and her
other close family  members in need of prayers. A member asks prayers for
financial blessings. Lisa asks prayers for a special intention.

Kim requests prayers for herself and her husband who are facing marital
problems. Lynn asks prayers for a young man who just had a feeding tube
inserted into his body as he can no longer swallow safely and for strength
for his family to help him through this. Shannon asks prayers for good
employment that will give God glory.

Celia asks prayers for someone and her family that she see value in her life
and respect her Mother. Frieda asks prayers for a special intention. Michael
requests prayers for God's healing for his friend and instructor who has
inoperable liver cancer.

Kris asks for prayers for someone who is an alcoholic and was recently
diagnosed with cancer that he may get sober and fight the fight. Silvia asks
prayers for a special intention. Ray requests prayers for a cousin, for good
test results and a return to good health.

Linda asks prayers for a special intention. Jose asks prayers for a special
intention. Irene asks prayers for a special intention.