<MP>Friday, 13 June 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:44:34 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Anthony of Padua (1195-1231)
The gospel call to leave everything and follow Christ was the rule of
Anthony's life. Over and over again God called him to something new in his
plan. Every time Anthony responded with renewed zeal and self-sacrificing to
serve his Lord Jesus more completely. His journey as the servant of God
began as a very young man when he decided to join the Augustinians, giving
up a future of wealth and power to be a servant of God. Later, when the
bodies of the first Franciscan martyrs went through the Portuguese city
where he was stationed, he was again filled with an intense longing to be
one of those closest to Jesus himself: those who die for the Good News.  For
more, follow the link below:

After the fire there was a tiny whispering sound. When he heard this, Elijah
hid his face in his cloak and went and stood at the entrance of the cave. ~1
Kings 19:9a, 11-16

Jesus said to his disciples: "You have heard that it was said, You shall not
commit adultery. But I say to you, everyone who looks at a woman with lust
has already committed adultery with her in his heart. ~Mstthew 5:27-32

We look for God in all kinds of spectacular ways.  How easy it is for us to
completely "miss" the Lord when he comes to us in a tiny whispering sound.
God's Commandments seem so clear-cut too.  But Jesus shows us the depth of
these Commandments.  We are called to look for the deeper meaning, and to
listen for the tiny whispering sound.

I pray that I may keep my eyes and ears open for the Lord, that I won't miss
him when he comes to me in subtle ways.  I pray too, that I may delve more
deeply into His Commandments that I may have freedom through following them.