<MP>Friday, 12 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:54:49 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P A R I S H    M I S S I O N
Fr. Jim Marchionda, OP - S. Annie Willits, OP, 13-17 March 2010
Join us if you can, for our 2010 Lenten Mission.  It starts with preaching
at this weekend's Masses.  Then there will be presentations at morning
Masses at 8 a.m. Monday and 8:30 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Evening
sessions are at 7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday. Fr. Jim is a noted musician,
composer and conductor. Our Mission will feature Fr. Jim's compositions.
The last night will feature music, prayer, and Fr. Jim on jazz clarinet
and saxopone.  There's more information on our Parish Web Site,
www.stpatz.com. Or, become a fan of St. Patz Lenten Mission on Facebook.

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SEVEN SEATS FROM LA CROSSE REMAIN
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18
or fewer seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my
Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Blessed Angela Salawa (1881-1922)
Angela served Christ and Christ?s little ones with all her strength.
Born in Siepraw, near Kraków, Poland, she was the 11th child of Bartlomiej
and Ewa Salawa. In 1897, she moved to Kraków where her older sister
Therese lived. Angela immediately began to gather together and instruct
young women domestic workers. During World War I, she helped prisoners of
war without regard for their nationality or religion. The writings of
Teresa of Avila and John of the Cross were a great comfort to her. Angela
gave great service in caring for soldiers wounded in World War I. After
1918 her health did not permit her to exercise her customary apostolate.
Addressing herself to Christ, she wrote in her diary, "I want you to be
adored as much as you were destroyed." In another place, she wrote, "Lord,
I live by your will. I shall die when you desire; save me because you
can."

For more, follow this link:

Thus says the LORD: Return, O Israel, to the LORD, your God; you have
collapsed through your guilt. Take with you words, and return to the LORD;
Say to him, ?Forgive all iniquity, and receive what is good, that we may
render as offerings the bullocks from our stalls. ~Hosea 14:2-10

The scribe said to him, ?Well said, teacher. You are right in saying,
He is One and there is no other than he. And to love him with all your
heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love
your neighbor as yourself is worth more than all burnt offerings and
sacrifices.? ~Matthew 12:28-34

God calls us to return to Himself. The best way for us to do that is to
turn back to Him with all our heart ... and to love Him with all our
heart, wth all our understanding, with all our strength ... and to love
our neighbor as ourself!

I pray that I may turn back to God will all my heart.  I pray that I may
love Him above all, and my neighbor as myself.

Haiti and Chile. We pray for great respect for life from natural
conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse