<MP>Friday, 12 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:20:00 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
I began the process at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on 01 December. Visit my Web
Site for a complete description.  Just follow the front page link from:
www.frpat.com Visit my Blog too, for daily updates: www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

Our Lady of Guadalupe
The feast in honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe goes back to the sixteenth
century. Chronicles of that period tell us the story. A poor Indian named
Cuauhtlatohuac was baptized and given the name Juan Diego. He was a
57-year-old widower and lived in a small village near Mexico City. On
Saturday morning, December 9, 1531, he was on his way to a nearby barrio to
attend Mass in honor of Our Lady. He was walking by a hill called Tepeyac
when he heard beautiful music like the warbling of birds. A radiant cloud
appeared and within it a young Native American maiden dressed like an Aztec
princess. The lady spoke to him in his own language and sent him to the
bishop of Mexico, a Franciscan named Juan de Zumarraga. The bishop was to
build a chapel in the place where the lady appeared.   For more, follow the
link below:

Sing and rejoice, O daughter Zion! See, I am coming to dwell among you, says
the LORD. Many nations shall join themselves to the LORD on that day, and
they shall be his people, and he will dwell among you, and you shall know
that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you. ~Zechariah 2:14-17

Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me
according to your word." Then the angel departed from her. ~Luke 1:26-38

Today we celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  We reflect on God's
calling to people of all places, races and backgrounds, and of Mary's coming
many times to help different groups of people understand how precious they
are in the eyes of God.  We know Mary is the mother of the Church and our
mother.  We know that she is the star of the new evangelization and the
ultimate pro-life model for all of us. May we know God's love for us, and
Mary's intercession, as we continue to prepare for the coming of Jesus at
Christmas ... and at the end of time.

I pray that I may always know God's love for me.  I pray that I may know
that Mary is my mother and my confidence, and that I may strive to follow
her example of discipleship.  May I repeat her words, "Behold, I am the
handmaid of the Lord.  May it be done to me according to your word."