<MP>Friday, 10 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 22:22:06 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   SEATS HAVE BEEN SENT TO THE AIRLINE FOR TICKETING
   Call Pentecost Tours for availability:
      800 713-9800

   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Francis Borgia (1510-1572)
Today's saint grew up in an important family in 16th-century Spain, serving
in the imperial court and quickly advancing in his career. But a series of
events-including the death of his beloved wife-made Francis Borgia rethink
his priorities. He gave up public life, gave away his possessions and joined
the new and little-known Society of Jesus.  For more, follow the link below:

Realize that it is those who have faith who are children of Abraham.
~Galatians 3:7-14

But if it is by the finger of God that I drive out demons, then the Kingdom
of God has come upon you. ~Luke 11:15-26

Sometimes, in our spiritual quest, we try to make things easy.  We can put
some faith in fortune-telling, horoscopes and more. We can easily open
ourselves to the power of evil.  It is important for us to know that God is
the MOST POWERFUL. And if it is by the finger of God that evil is driven
out, then the Kingdom of God has come upon us.

I pray that I may not look for cheap and easy answers.  I pray that I may
always remember that God is the most powerful, and that I can rely on Him
always.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Lee asks for prayers for a friend who had a heart attack. Jean asks prayers
for a friend and her children whose husband and father committed suicide. A
member requests prayers for a colleague and his wife who are severely
challenged by health issues. Irene asks prayers for a special intention.

Jean request prayer for a young couple whose 2 year old died of a seizure a
month ago and now have lost the unborn baby due in late November. Jo Ann
requests prayers for special intentions for her son and his family. Anne
asks prayers for a special intention.