<MP>Friday, 10 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 21:17:45 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Magdalen of Canossa (1774-1835)
Wealth and privilege did nothing to prevent today's saint from following her
calling to serve Christ in the poor. Nor did the protests of her relatives,
concerned that such work was beneath her.
Born in northern Italy in 1774, Magdalen knew her mind-and spoke it. At age
15 she announced she wished to become a nun. After trying out her vocation
with the cloistered Carmelites, she realized her desire was to serve the
needy without restriction. For years she worked among the poor and sick in
hospitals and in their homes and among delinquent and abandoned girls.  For
more, follow the link below:

Yet it was our infirmities that he bore, our sufferings that he endured,
while we thought of him as stricken, as one smitten by God and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our offenses, crushed for our sins; upon him was the
chastisement that makes us whole, by his stripes we were healed. ~Isaiah
52:13-53:12

After this, aware that everything was now finished, in order that the
Scripture might be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I thirst." There was a vessel
filled with common wine. So they put a sponge soaked in wine on a sprig of
hyssop and put it up to his mouth. When Jesus had taken the wine, he said,
"It is finished." And bowing his head, he handed over the spirit. ~John
18:1-19:42

Jesus gave everything for us.  Through his devastating death on the cross he
felt abandoned, and the hopes of his followers were dashed.  With time they
cam to understand that he "was pierced for our offenses, crushed for our
sins." His suffering was indeed worthwhile.  Still, we need to feel the
devastation those around him felt more than 2000 years ago.  We need to turn
to the Lord with great love, with all our hearts.  We need to follow in His
steps by the way we live our own lives.

I pray that I may realize more and more all that Jesus did for me.  I pray
that I may have the courage to walk in His footsteps.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Patricia asks prayers for a special intention. Mary requests prayers for a
friend's sister, that tests will be negative for Leukemia. Rosemary asks
prayers for a special intention.

Janice requests prayers for her son who is broken hearted about his
impending divorce and limited access to his son. Lillian asks prayers for a
special intention. A member requests prayers for all individuals who are
searching for a job. Craig asks for prayers for the soul of someone who
passed away on April 7th.