<MP>Friday, 09 July 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 18:59:54 -0500

   .=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   ~~~ EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE ENDS AFTER 10 JULY ~~~
            PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.
       If you're interested, call: 800 713-9800

This is a great full-featured Pilgrimage!  4 Star and 4 Star plus hotels,
full breakfast and dinner DAILY with TWO special nights with dinner and
Irish music (Bunratty Castle and the Abbey Pub in Dublin), TWO nights on the
Dingle Peninsula (National Geographic has called it the most beautiful spot
on earth, I absolutely *love* this place.), Bunratty Folk Park, St.
Patrick's Mountain, Knock, the Ring of Kerry, Blarney Castle and woolen
mills, the Burren, Blessed Matt Talbot's Church and Burial Site, the Gresham
Hotel in Dublin, right on O'Connell street.  Full-time Escort, guides,
luggage transfers from hotel to hotel and so much more.  Daily Mass and
rosary on the bus. The dollar is enjoying a great exchange rate with the
Euro at this time. Great companionship for couples or singles, traveling
with fun people who enjoy your Catholic faith and values ... great food and
inspiration to last a lifetime!

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:

St. Augustine Zhao Rong and Companions (17th-20th centuries)
Christianity arrived in China by way of Syria in the 600s. Depending on
China's relations with the outside world, Christianity over the centuries
was free to grow or was forced to operate secretly.
The 120 martyrs in this group died between 1648 and 1930. Most of them (87)
were born in China and were children, parents, catechists or laborers,
ranging from nine years of age to 72. This group includes four Chinese
diocesan priests. The 33 foreign-born martyrs were mostly priests or women
religious, especially from the Order of Preachers, the Paris Foreign Mission
Society, the Friars Minor, Jesuits, Salesians and Franciscan Missionaries of
Mary.

Let him who is wise understand these things; let him who is prudent know
them. Straight are the paths of the LORD, in them the just walk, but sinners
stumble in them. ~Hosea 14:2-10

When they hand you over, do not worry about how you are to speak or what you
are to say. You will be given at that moment what you are to say. For it
will not be you who speak but the Spirit of your Father speaking through
you. ~Matthew 10:16-23

Being a disciple of Jesus is not easy. Jesus warns his apostles of the
maltreatment they will receive.  He also tells them that they should not
worry, that the Lord would be with them, even giving them how they are to
speak or what they are to say.

I pray that I may follow the Lord's call to be an apostle.  I pray that I
may be ready for mistreatment, and know that, through it all, the Lord is
with me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mae is asking for prayers for her granddaughter that she may get through the
withdrawals and get the help she needs. Mary requests prayers for her
daughter to change her mind and let Mary see her Grandchildren.  A mother
asks prayers for her son who got the job that he interviewed for on Tuesday
that the Lord will continue to be with him and guide him every step of the
way in his new endeavors. Jerry asks for prayers for his Aunt who lost an
eye due to infection to be able to cope and come into terms with it.