<MP>Friday, 09 January 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 21:38:47 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

T R A N S P L A N T     D A Y     6
We went to Station 94 for our 9:30 a.m. meeting today.  I had been having
some diarrhea problems, but it had been recommended that I take some
Imodium.  That's helping, slowly but hopefully surely.  They gave me another
liter of fluids.  Blood tests came back and my white blood cells are now at
.2.  That's completely normal as they're being wiped out.  They may even dip
to .1.  Then there's the hoped-for comeback. So this has been the weakest
day so far.  My sister and brother-in-law came to visit, and that was very
nice.  They brought some pizza and I ate some.  My new caregiver, Bill, has
arrived too.  Today is the first day I haven't had an appetite, but I still
try to eat.
My temperature has been higher today too, and is now at 100.4.  When it hits
101.3 I have to call Station 94 and most likely go there for antibiotics,
tests.  So, keep me in your prayers as you remain in mine!
  Read much more at my blog, updated every day at:  www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

St. Adrian of Canterbury (d. 710)
Though St. Adrian turned down a papal request to become Archbishop of
Canterbury, England, Pope St. Vitalian accepted the rejection on the
condition that Adrian serve as the Holy Father's assistant and adviser.
Adrian accepted, but ended up spending most of his life and doing most of
his work in Canterbury. For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

Beloved: Who indeed is the victor over the world but the one who believes
that Jesus is the Son of God.  ~1 John 5:5-13

It happened that there was a man full of leprosy in one of the towns where
Jesus was;  when saw Jesus, he fell prostrate, pleaded with him, and said,
"Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean."
Jesus stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, "I do will it.  Be made
clean." ~Luke 5:12-16

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Sometimes things are just too easy.  When we truly believe that Jesus is the
Son of God, then we allow Him to take up his power and become victor . first
in our own lives.  And when we consider God's great power, we can open
ourselves to His healing touch as well.

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may believe that Jesus is the Son of God.  I pray that I may
have the wisdom and humility to turn to the Lord in times I am in need of
healing.

I pray that I may always seek the truth.  I pray that I may be grateful for
John the Apostle, his privileged relationship with Jesus and all he shares
with us about God, His love for us and His call for us to love one another.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the willingness
to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being called to
Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God."  ~Psalm 46:10