<MP>Friday, 09 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 21:27:48 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
THERE ARE NOW 37 REGISTERED PILGRIMS.
About 10 MORE SPACES AVAILABLE, UP TO 7 FROM LA CROSSE.
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Casilda (11th century)
Some saints' names are far more familiar to us than others, but even the
lives of obscure holy persons teach us something.
And so it is with St. Casilda, the daughter of a Muslim leader in Toledo,
Spain, in the 10th century. Casilda was herself raised as a Muslim and
showed special kindness to Christian prisoners. She became ill as a young
woman but was not convinced that any of the local Arab doctors could cure
her. So, she made a pilgrimage to the shrine of San Vicenzo in northern
Spain. Like so many other people who made their way there-many of them
suffering from hemorrhages-Casilda sought the healing waters of the shrine.
We're uncertain what brought her to the shrine, but we do know that she left
it relieved of illness.

For more, follow this link:

He is the stone rejected by you, the builders, which has become the
cornerstone. There is no salvation through anyone else, nor is there any
other name under heaven given to the human race by which we are to be saved.
~Acts 4:1-12

When they climbed out on shore, they saw a charcoal fire with fish on it and
bread. Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish you just caught." So
Simon Peter went over and dragged the net ashore full of one hundred
fifty-three large fish. Even though there were so many, the net was not
torn. ~John 21:1-14

Jesus continues to work signs and wonders.  More and more people come to
believe.  The "stone rejected by the builders has become the cornerstone."
The Lord is our help and our salvation.  May He become the cornerstone of
our lives as well.

I pray that I may come to believe even more strongly.  I pray that I may
live with the Lord as the cornerstone of my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Pat asks prayers for son battling cancer and having an chemoembolazation
done. Rosemary asks prayers for her older brother who had  surgery Monday,
and has a long road ahead of him. Barbara and Jack ask prayers for a special
intention.

Shannon asks prayers for a special intention. Marianne requests prayers for
a dear friend who may be facing surgery for removal of part of her colon.
Maria requests prayers for her son and friend who are in need of financial
help.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse