<MP>Friday, 08 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 18:18:01 -0500

I ' M    I N    B O S T O N

I'll be in Boston from 08-12 September for medical tests.  My eye cancer was
treated at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary ten years ago and I go back
for annual checkups.  In my absence Margie, our Pastoral Minister, will send
Morning Prayer.  Individual intentions will not appear during that time
because prayers will be prepared in advance.  Let's pray for one another's
intentions during that time.  I'll remember you and your intentions as I
visit the many Churches of Boston!

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Our School starts on September 5th.  This coming weekend we'll bless all
students, teachers, bus drivers, administrators, custodians, lunch room
workers, aides, university presidents, etc.  Visit the Web Site for a parish
blessing and also an individual blessing parents can pray with their
children on the first day of school, and every day if they wish.  I also
include plenty of good links for parents, children and teens.  Just follow
the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"So we have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and
those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them." ~John 4:16

A consciousness of God's presence as one who loves us can make all life
different.  The consciousness of God's love can promote the opening of our
whole being to God.  It can bring wonderful relief from the cares and
worries of our daily lives.  Relief can bring peace and peace can bring
contentment.  We can try to walk in God's love.  We can have a contentment
that no one can take from us.  We can feel sure of God's unfailing love and
care for us and for all God's children.  There is freedom and serenity in
those who walk in God's love, held safe in God's loving care.

I pray that I may walk in God's love.  I pray that, as I go, I may feel the
spring of God's power in my steps and the joy of God's love in my heart.

Ray requests prayers for his wife who will have cataract surgery, that it
will be successful. Lou Ann asks prayers for the sale of her parents house.
Leila is asking for prayers for a Pastor's Daughter who drifted away from
God and needs to be freed  of her addiction, so her children may be returned
to her.

Carole asks prayers for me and another priest, that our cancer testing is
clear and that we continue in good health. A member asks for prayers of
healing for her sister who is experiencing depression and a flare up of her
multiple sclerosis.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm