<MP>Friday, 08 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 20:14:59 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words that I
have spoken to you are spirit and life."  ~John 6:63

Our lives are God's gift.  We use our lives to train our souls.  This life
we live is not so much for the body as for the spirit.  We often choose the
way of life that best suits the body, not the way that best suits the
spirit.  God wants us to choose what suits the spirit as well as the body.
When we accept this belief, a wonderful molding of charter is the result.
When we reject it and God's purpose for our life is frustrated, our
spiritual progress is delayed.  Our souls are being trained by the good we
choose.  Thus the purpose of our lives is being accomplished as we choose
good.

I pray that I may choose what is good for my spirit.  I pray that I may
realize God's purpose for my life and choose good.

Member Ann asks prayer for healing of whatever is going on with the macula
of her right eye. Amy asks for  a special intention. Nancy from PA requests
prayers for a safe and enjoyable vacation as they travel to North Carolina
with their family and extended family. Rosemary asks prayers for a special
intention.

Marie asks prayers for a special intention. Ellenita asks prayers for a
special intention. Laura asks prayers to help her & her family in their
financial problems, that they may have the strength to get through them.
Marian asks prayers for a special intention. Frieda asks prayers for a
special intention. Sister Judeanne asks prayers for a special intention.
Judy requests prayers for someone who has a serious mental illness.