<MP>Friday, 08 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:41:41 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

WE HAVE AN ITINERARY: We have a tentative Itinerary for the trip. Follow
the link from www.frpat.com for details. Land arrangements, hotels and
pricing will be on the way soon!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  First drawing is on 18 January, so
there's still time to get some calendars! If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Angela of Foligno (1248-1309)
Some saints show marks of holiness very early. Not Angela! Born of a
leading family in Foligno, she became immersed in the quest for wealth and
social position. As a wife and mother, she continued this life of
distraction.
Around the age of 40 she recognized the emptiness of her life and sought
God?s help in the Sacrament of Penance. Her Franciscan confessor helped
Angela to seek God?s pardon for her previous life and to dedicate herself
to prayer and the works of charity. Shortly after her conversion, her
husband and children died. Selling most of her possessions, she entered
the Secular Franciscan Order. She was alternately absorbed by meditating
on the crucified Christ and by serving the poor of Foligno as a nurse and
beggar for their needs. Other women joined her in a religious community.

Beloved: Who indeed is the victor over the world but the one who believes
that Jesus is the Son of God? ~1 John 5:5-13

It happened that there was a man full of leprosy in one of the towns where
Jesus was; and when he saw Jesus, he fell prostrate, pleaded with him, and
said, ?Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean.?  Jesus stretched out his
hand, touched him, and said, ?I do will it.  Be made clean.? And the
leprosy left him immediately. ~Luke 5:12-16

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

We believe that Jesus who was born on Christmas is the Son of God.  As he
grows up we realize His power. His power to heal brought hope and help to
so many. Even when they were asked to keep it to themselves, they spoke of
it freely and people came to Him from all sides.

I pray that I may always believe that Jesus is the Son of God.  I pray
that I can trust in His desire to help and heal me and accept the help and
healing He offers.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!