<MP>Friday, 08 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 22:38:26 -0600

S A I N T    J U A N    D I E G O

His Feast Day is December 9th.  Mary appeared to him at Guadalupe.  He was
Canonized just a couple years ago.  I was a concelebrant at the Canonization
in Mexico City along with Pope John Paul II and Bishops and Cardinals from
throughout the world.  Learn more about this wonderful Saint.  Visit our
"Our Lady of Guadalupe" page too.  That Feast day is on December 12th.  Just
follow the banner link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Very truly, I tell you, Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me
will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than
these, because I am going to the Father." ~John 14:12

" ... Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the
works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these ... " We can
do greater works when we have more experience in the new way of life.  We
can have all the power we need from the unseen God.  We can have God's
grace, God's spirit, to make us effective as we go along each day.
Opportunities for a better world are all around us. We can do greater works.
But we do not work alone.  The power of God is behind all good works.

I pray that I may find a rightful place in the world.  I pray that my work
may be made more effective by the grace of God.

Mary asks prayers for a friend's daughter who is going through a nasty
divorce. Chris asks prayers for two intentions. A mother requests prayers
for her son, that he realizes his marijuana addiction and seeks help.
Joselda asks prayers for a priest who has had toes removed due to diabetes.
Allen asks prayers for his wife who is dying of cancer.

Helen-Ann needs A plus grades in nursing examinations in December 2006.
Bobbi asks prayers for her daughter who has borderline personality disorder.
Dolly asks prayers for family and friends who are joining the cruise on
January 5 thru January 8, 2007, to have a very pleasant and safe trip. Kathy
requests prayers for her family's well being; they are going through a
difficult time.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm