<MP>Friday, 08 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:23:30 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   *** At least 18 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Dominic (1170-1221)
If he hadn't taken a trip with his bishop, Dominic would probably have
remained within the structure of contemplative life; after the trip, he
spent the rest of his life being a contemplative in active apostolic work.
Born in old Castile, Spain, he was trained for the priesthood by a
priest-uncle, studied the arts and theology, and became a canon of the
cathedral at Osma, where there was an attempt to revive the apostolic common
life of the Acts of the Apostles.  For more, follow the link below:

Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny
himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his
life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. What
profit would there be for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life?
~Matthew 16:24-28

It is natural for us to like our lives to go smoothly.  We try to diminish
pain and suffering and maximize pleasure.  Yet Jesus tells us that we need
to "take up His cross" and follow Him. We need to lose our life for His sake
in order to find it.  It is true that we grow the most in patience,
compassion and the ability to understand and to love through the
disappointments, losses ... the crosses in our lives.

I pray that I may be willing to follow Jesus in all ways.  I pray that I may
be willing to pick up my cross and follow in His footsteps that I may find
my life and help others to do so as well.