<MP>Friday, 07 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 20:12:18 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

O F F    T O    B O S T O N

Father Pat will be in Boston for medical tests from September 7th-11th.
Morning Prayer will not contain prayer intentions during that time, since it
has already been prepared.  Our Pastoral Minister Margie will Morning Prayer
during that time.

You'll be very much in my prayers, and I'll remember you and your intentions
during my daily Masses, prayers and visits to the many Churches of Boston.
Keep me in your prayers as well!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
to tell of all your works."  ~Psalm 73:28

"God is our refuge and underneath are God's everlasting arms." Sheltering
arms express the loving protection of God's spirit.  In our troubles and
difficulties, we need nothing so much as a refuge, a place to relax where we
can lay down our burdens and get relief from our cares.  We can say to
ourselves: "God is my refuge."  We can say it until its truth sinks into our
very souls.  We can say it until we know it and are sure of it.  Nothing can
seriously upset us or make us afraid, if God truly is our refuge.

I pray that I may go each day to God as a refuge until fear goes and peace
and security come.  I pray that I may feel deeply secure in the haven of
God's spirit.

Jan offers prayers of thanksgiving for good test results from her husband's
biopsy. Lisa from NH requests prayers for her aunt who is suffering from
incurable breast cancer that the chemotherapy puts it into remission. Bev
asks prayers that her daughter will find a friend in college to make it more
comfortable for her to go to the dining hall and to classes. Gen asks
prayers that I have a good checkup in Boston.