<MP>Friday, 07 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 19:15:59 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R S    T O    I T A L Y
We'll remember you intentions in our prayers!

Fill out the on-line form and we'll remember your prayer intentions during
our Masses and in our daily prayers during our 10-22 November Pilgrimage to
Southern Italy, Rome and the Vatican.  Just follow the banner link from:

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Didacus (1400-1463)
Didacus is living proof that God "chose what is foolish in the world to
shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong" (1
Corinthians 1:27).
As a young man in Spain, Didacus joined the Secular Franciscan Order and
lived for some time as a hermit. After Didacus became a Franciscan brother,
he developed a reputation for great insight into God's ways. His penances
were heroic. He was so generous with the poor that the friars sometimes grew
uneasy about his charity.  For more, follow the link below:

.=: S C R I P T U R E S   F O R   T H E   D A Y :=.

Join with others in being imitators of me, brothers and sisters, and observe
those who thus conduct themselves according to the model you have in us.
~Philippians 3:17-4:1

And the master commended that dishonest steward for acting prudently. For
the children of this world are more prudent in dealing with their own
generation than the children of light."  ~Luke 16:1-8

Paul and those who are with him are confident that they're following in the
footsteps of Jesus.  They're so confident that they say "Join with others in
being imitators of me, brothers and sisters!" It's a real treasure to have a
sure and steady example to follow ... one that leads us to God's Kingdom.

I pray that I may strive to follow Paul's example and walk in the footsteps
of Jesus.  I pray that others may end up in God's Kingdom as they follow the
course I help set out for them.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dolly asks prayers that she may be able to find the right solution to her
financial hardships. A member requests prayers for three special intentions.
Laura requests prayers for her mom who has been diagnosed with breast
cancer.

Chris requests prayers for good results to her tests. Mom asks prayers for a
special intention. Deb asks for prayers for a dear friend and his family who
are facing end-of-life issues. Therese asks for prayers for her family who
are struggling with many hardships, both financial and health issues.

Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. Kathy asks for prayers for her
nephew who dropped out of tech school and is looking for a job. Joyce asks
prayers for a special intention. Lisa requests that a friend's burden may
become lighter.