<MP>Friday, 07 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 16:17:35 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Rose Venerini (1656-1728)
Rose was born at Viterbo in Italy, the daughter of a doctor. Following the
death of her fiancé she entered a convent, but soon returned home to care
for her newly widowed mother. Meanwhile, Rose invited the women of the
neighborhood to recite the rosary in her home, forming a sort of sodality
with them. As she looked to her future, Rose, under the spiritual guidance
of a Jesuit priest, became convinced that she was called to become a teacher
in the world rather than a contemplative nun in a convent. Clearly, she made
the right choice: She was a born teacher, and the free school for girls she
opened in 1685 was well received.

So we are sending Judas and Silas who will also convey this same message by
word of mouth: ?It is the decision of the Holy Spirit and of us not to place
on you any burden beyond these necessities, namely, to abstain from meat
sacrificed to idols, from blood, from meats of strangled animals, and from
unlawful marriage. If you keep free of these, you will be doing what is
right. Farewell.?  ~Acts 15:22-31

You are my friends if you do what I command you. I no longer call you
slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have
called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my
Father. ~John 15:12-17

We're no longer slaves but friends.  We take our place in the Church, the
Body of Christ here on earth. We are called to be friends to one another,
each striving to walk in Jesus footsteps and receiving strength from God and
one another to do so.

I pray that I may live as a good part of the Body of Christ, and as a friend
with those who believe as I do.  I pray that I may strive always to walk in
the footsteps of Jesus Christ Himself.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Gerry asks prayers for the flood victims in Nashville and relatives and
friends who live there.   Deb asks prayers for  her son, so that he will get
the job that he just interviewed for. Kris asks for prayers for her son,
niece and son of a friend who are suffering with addictions.

Linda asks prayers for her friend's 23 year-old daughter, who was just
diagnosed with breast cancer. A mother asks  prayers for her son that he
gets the job he is seeking very soon. Irene asks prayers for her family for
good health. Sandy request prayers for good test results on Monday.

A member requests prayers for someone from Bemidji, MN, who is having heart
problems. Mary asks prayers for her brother that was hurt in a bike
accident. Lynn asks healing prayers for her sister and courage and strength
prayers for both her sister and herself. Shelly asks prayers for a special
intention.