<MP>Friday, 06 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 22:35:09 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F I S H    F R Y    T O N I G H T !
Become a fan of St. Pat's Lenten Fish Fries on Facebook!
It's tonight here at St. Pat's in Onalaska. All you care to eat batter
fried or baked Cod ... Adults $8, With Salad Bar $9, Salad Bar only $5,
Kids-$3.  5-7:30 p.m.  Hope to see you there!

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 20
or fewer seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my
Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.  Also our first Fish Fry of the season is this Friday. Become a
fan of: St. Patz Lenten Fish Fries

M A R K    T W A I N    P A G E
Many years ago I created a page for my favorite author, Mark Twain. Most
of the links no longer worked so I redid the page.  There are lots of
great quotes and links.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. John Joseph of the Cross (1654-1734)
Self-denial is never an end in itself but is only a help toward greater
charity?as the life of Saint John Joseph shows. John Joseph was very
ascetic even as a young man. At 16 he joined the Franciscans in Naples; he
was the first Italian to follow the reform movement of Saint Peter
Alcantara. John?s reputation for holiness prompted his superiors to put
him in charge of establishing a new friary even before he was ordained.
Obedience moved John to accept appointments as novice master, guardian
and, finally, provincial. His years of mortification enabled him to offer
these services to the friars with great charity. As guardian he was not
above working in the kitchen or carrying the wood and water needed by the
friars.

For more, follow this link:

Judah said to his brothers: ?What is to be gained by killing our brother
and concealing his blood? Rather, let us sell him to these Ishmaelites,
instead of doing away with him ourselves. After all, he is our brother,
our own flesh.? His brothers agreed. They sold Joseph to the Ishmaelites
for twenty pieces of silver. ~Genesis 37:3-4, 12-13a, 17b-28a

Jesus said to them, Did you never read in the Scriptures: The stone that
the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; by the Lord has this
been done, and it is wonderful in our eyes? ~Matthew 21:33-43, 45-46

Judah and his brothers sold their brother Joseph to the Ishmaelites out of
jealousy. In today's Gospel there is also murder motivated by greed. We
need to remember the power of greed, and how Jesus calls us to generosity.
"the stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone."

I pray that I may not fall to jealousy and greed.  I pray that I may
accept Jesus as the cornerstone of my life.

Haiti and Chile. We pray for great respect for life from natural
conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse