<MP>Friday, 05 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 21:06:46 -0500

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 13th. There will be food,
entertainment and fun for people of all ages.  There are also Raffle Tickets
available.  If you live close to us, why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd
like to help us by purchasing some raffle tickets.  You can learn more at:
www.stpatz.com

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

If you enjoy Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family members and
friends. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection and a concrete way to
apply Scriptures to our lives. It uses the Scriptures and Saint for the Mass
of the Day. Learn more by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Mary Faustina (1905-1938)
Saint Mary Faustina is linked to Divine Mercy Sunday (Second Sunday of
Easter) and the Divine Mercy Novena prayed by many at 3 p.m. every day. In
her time Catholics had such a strict image of God that many didn't believe
they could be forgiven for their sins.  Jesus said to Faustina, "I do not
want to punish aching mankind, but I desire to heal it, pressing it to my
merciful heart" (Diary 1588). The two rays emanating from Christ's heart,
she said, represent the blood and water poured out after Jesus' death
(Gospel of John 19:34) Sister Mary Faustina died of tuberculosis in Krakow,
Poland, on October 5, 1938. Pope John Paul II beatified her in 1993 and
canonized her in 2000. We visited her Parish, her Home and Convent two years
ago on our Pilgrimage to Poland and Prague.

"We have neither heeded the voice of the Lord, our God, nor followed the
precepts which the Lord set before us." ~Baruch 1:15-22

"Whoever listens to you listens to me. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And
whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me." ~Luke 10:13-16

We know our sin very well. Sometimes we are tempted to lose heart. We wonder
if we can ever change or God would ever forgive us. But Jesus came to bring
us Divine Mercy, to forgive all our sins and give us a pure heart and a new
chance.

I pray that I may not despair in my sinfulness. I pray that I can seek God's
forgiveness, knowing That the Lord does not want to punish, but to heal us.

.=:  ( C O N F E S S I O N )  R E C O N C I L I A T I O N  :=.

We have the privilege of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. If we've fallen
out of the habit, we may have forgotten how to go to Confession, or believe
our sins are too great. Jesus continues to call us to Himself, waits for our
return and the chance to forgive us and give us a new start.  Follow this
link for much more about Reconciliation, including a "Credit Card to
Heaven," all the words we need to know for Confession, except the sins!
www.frpat.com/reconciliation.htm

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Patricia asks prayer for a special intention. Martha requests prayers for a
miraculous healing of body and soul for this young Catholic college student,
and grace for his family to bear this cross. A member requests prayers for
the repose of the soul of a 25 yr. old female medical student who died
unexpectedly, and for her family and friends.

Mary Lou asks prayers for a special intention. Lisa asks prayers for her son
who needs to discern his vocation for God. Carol asks prayers for someone
and her parents who was born with spina bifida. Colleen asks prayers for a
special intention. Neil requests prayers for his daughter's return to an
active practice of the Catholic faith and for her to get the job she
interviewed for.

Lorena asks prayers for her pastor who is not well. Mary asks prayers for
her mother who will be having a pacemaker put in that the procedure is
successful and her mother can return to a normal life. Patricia asks prayers
for dear friend whose only child, a son, committed suicide in front of her
last week. Joanne asks for prayers for her husband who is succumbing to
cancer, that he finally have peace.