<MP>Friday, 05 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 23:04:44 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
I began the process at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on 01 December. Visit my Web
Site for a complete description.  Just follow the front page link from:
www.frpat.com.  For my Blog, updated daily, just follow the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Sabas (b. 439)
Born in Cappadocia (modern-day Turkey), Sabas is one of the most highly
regarded patriarchs among the monks of Palestine and is considered one of
the founders of Eastern monasticism.
After an unhappy childhood in which he was abused and ran away several
times, Sabas finally sought refuge in a monastery. While family members
tried to persuade him to return home, the young boy felt drawn to monastic
life. Although the youngest monk in the house, he excelled in virtue.  For
more, follow the link below:

On that day the deaf shall hear the words of a book; And out of gloom and
darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see.
The lowly will ever find joy in the LORD, and the poor rejoice in the Holy
One of Israel. ~Isaiah 29:17-24

When he entered the house, the blind men approached him and Jesus said to
them, "Do you believe that I can do this?"
"Yes, Lord," they said to him. Then he touched their eyes and said, "Let it
be done for you according to your faith."
And their eyes were opened. ~Matthew 9:27-31

Isaiah's dream continues. We wait in joyful hope for the coming of our
Savior at Christmas ... and at the end of time. The blind can see, the deaf
can hear, and the poor and lowly will rejoice.  Justice will be done.  And
this is the only way to lasting peace. As we wait an prepare we become
ready.  May God bless us this Holy Season!

I pray that I may wait in joyful hope for the coming of my Savior.  I pray
that I may work for the justice that is the only way to lasting peace.