<MP>Friday, 04 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 19:06:37 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Isidore of Seville (560?-636)
Isidore reunited Spain, making it a center of culture and learning, a
teacher and guide for other European countries whose culture was also
threatened by barbarian invaders.  For more, follow the link below:

After recalling the Apostles, they had them flogged, ordered them to stop
speaking in the name of Jesus, and dismissed them. So they left the presence
of the Sanhedrin, rejoicing that they had been found worthy to suffer
dishonor for the sake of the name. And all day long, both at the temple and
in their homes, they did not stop teaching and proclaiming the Christ,
Jesus.  ~Acts 5:35-42

Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, said to him, "There is a boy here who
has five barley loaves and two fish; but what good are these for so many?"
~ John 6:1-15

Government orders and flogging did not stop the Apostles from speaking in
the name of Jesus.  They were happy to be found worthy to suffer dishonor
for the sake of the name of Jesus. They were simple men and simply gave what
they had. And it was enough.  In our Gospel reading today a little boy came
forward to share his five barley loaves and two fish to feed 5,000 people.
Nobody told him that he didn't have enough.  And he had plenty. There were
more leftovers than the boy started with in the first place.

Sometimes we can think we don't have enough.  If only we had been an
apostle, things would have been different. Yet a little boy teaches us a
great lesson today.  I pray that I may give the little I believe I have.
Then, like the boy in today's Gospel, I may see that what I have to offer is
more than enough.