<MP>Friday, 03 July 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 20:14:17 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F O U R T H   O F   J U L Y

Follow the Fourth of July link for ...

*Father Pat's reflection on Freedom
*Andrew Costello's Reflection.
*The Fourth of July in History
*The Declaration of Independence
*Lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner
*Links for kids, and for all of us!
*Flag Etiquette
*The Evolving of the American Flag
*Add a link from your Site to our 4th of July Page!

Just follow the link from:

St. Thomas the Apostle
Poor Thomas! He made one remark and has been branded as "Doubting Thomas"
ever since. But if he doubted, he also believed. He made what is certainly
the most explicit statement of faith in the New Testament: "My Lord and My
God!" (see John 20:24-28) and, in so expressing his faith, gave Christians a
prayer that will be said till the end of time. He also occasioned a
compliment from Jesus to all later Christians: "Have you come to believe
because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have
believed" (John 20:29).  For more, follow the link below:

Through him the whole structure is held together and grows into a temple
sacred in the Lord; in him you also are being built together into a dwelling
place of God in the Spirit. ~Ephesians 2:19-22

Thomas answered and said to him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him,
"Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who
have not seen and have believed." ~John 20:24-29

We are called to believe, even when we have not seen.  We're called to, to
be part of the Body of Christ in this world, a dwelling place of God in the
Spirit.  We can hope that others will come to believe more strongly because
we do our part, and because we believe.

I pray that I may believe.  I pray that I may do my part to live as a part
of the Body of Christ.