<MP>Friday, 03 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 19:08:04 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007
WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL OF 36 TRAVELERS.

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1926.

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you will be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can keep
track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works
and give glory to your Father in heaven."   ~Matthew 5:16

Each moment of our day that we devote to a loving and generous way of life
is a gift to God.  Even when our desire to serve God is sincere, it is not
an easy thing to give God many of these moments, the daily things we had
planned to do, given up gladly so that we can perform a good service or say
a kind word.  If we can see God's purpose in many situations, it can be
easier to give God many moments of our day. Every situation has two
interpretations--our own and God's.  We can try to handle each situation in
the way we believe God would have it handled.

I pray that I may make many moments of my day count for God.  I pray that I
may not spend it all selfishly.

Helen-Ann For successful completion of all assignments and requirements for
nursing degree to ensure siiting of regional licensing examination and
graduation in November 2007. Jeannine requests prayers that the new chemo
for her mother work, so she can beat the lung cancer. Lorraine asks prayers
for a special intention.

Luvina requests urgent prayers for her daughter who is having breast surgery
on Friday and for her entire family. Vic and Debbie ask for prayers of
thanksgiving for their 80-year-old father (in-law) who is being confirmed
and accepted into the Catholic Church on August 8th. Marlo asks for prayers
for her mother who has stage 4 colon cancer.

Sue asks for prayers for strength as she suffers from withdrawal from
anti-anxiety medicines. Nancy from PA requests prayers for her oncologist
who had a kidney transplant last week and for her parish priest who is
undergoing cancer treatments that both may recover and once again become
vital members of their vocations. Marilyln asks prayers as she deals with
Leukemia.

Edith asks prayers for a special intention. Elizabeth asks prayers for a
special intention. Nancy prays for peace in our family as we work to settle
our mother's estate. Leila is asking for prayers for a friend who will be
having a bone marrow test tomorrow at 8:30am and also prayers that my
granddaughter will find a job.

Marlo asks prayers for her mother who has colon cancer. Bettye asks prayers
for her sister, who struggles with alcohol addiction and depression. Lynne
asks prayers for her grandma who is having vision problems, trouble walking
and finds herself depressed.

Maria Luz asks prayers for a special intention. Jean requests prayers for
her adult daughter who is suffering from a severe depression. Joanne
requests prayers for her sister who will be meeting with a new doctor to
decide what procedures should be followed in the treatment of a recurrence
of breast cancer.