<MP>Friday, 02 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 21:49:52 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Feast of the Guardian Angels
Perhaps no aspect of Catholic piety is as comforting to parents as the
belief that an angel protects their little ones from dangers real and
imagined. Yet guardian angels are not just for children. Their role is to
represent individuals before God, to watch over them always, to aid their
prayer and to present their souls to God at death. The concept of an angel
assigned to guide and nurture each human being is a development of Catholic
doctrine and piety based on Scripture but not directly drawn from it. Jesus'
words in Matthew 18:10 best support the belief: "See that you do not despise
one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven
always look upon the face of my heavenly Father."   For more, follow the
link below:

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that
their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father."
~Matthew 18:1-5, 10

As we celebrate the Feast of the Guardian Angels, we are comforted by God's
enduring presence with us through our Guardian Angels.  They can and do
light the way for us, guard us and guide us through this world and present
our souls to God when we die.  We're never alone.  The angels help us
remember that very important fact.

I pray that I may always remember that God is with me.  I pray that I might
be strengthened and go in the right way, always led by God and through the
angels.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Joanne asks prayers for a 16 year old boy who is waiting for doctors to let
him know about a new treatment plan since his cancer has returned. Debbie
asks for special prayers for a friend who lost her full term  baby after a
c- section. Debbie asks prayers for her priest friend who has left his
pastor position.

Colleen asks prayers for a special intention. Rebecca from NJ requests
prayers for the safe travel of her friend's husband (and all military
personnel) who are returning home, for good, from Iraq this week. Marilyn
asks prayers for a special intention.

Steven Michael  asks prayers for a special intention. Gloria asks prayers of
thanksgiving as she and her husband celebrate fifty years of marriage.