<MP>Friday, 02 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 18:41:19 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Athanasius (295?-373)
Athanasius led a tumultuous but dedicated life of service to the Church. He
was the great champion of the faith against the widespread heresy of
Arianism. The vigor of his writings earned him the title of doctor of the
Church. For more, just click the link below:

But when Gallio was proconsul of Achaia, the Jews rose up together against
Paul and brought him to the tribunal, saying,
"This man is inducing people to worship God contrary to the law." When Paul
was about to reply, Gallio spoke to the Jews,
"If it were a matter of some crime or malicious fraud, I should with reason
hear the complaint of you Jews; but since it is a question of arguments over
doctrine and titles and your own law, see to it yourselves. ~Acts 18:9-18

When a woman is in labor, she is in anguish because her hour has arrived;
but when she has given birth to a child, she no longer remembers the pain
because of her joy that a child has been born into the world. So you also
are now in anguish.
But I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take
your joy away from you.  ~John 16:20-23

Opposition continues as Paul and his friends continue to talk about God.
Even though those in leadership found it difficult to see what Paul had done
wrong, they lacked the backbone to stand up to the persecutors and let them
have their way. In our Gospel today Jesus' disciples are filled with sadness
as he speaks about returning to the Father.  All would find out that God was
with them always. The promise is always there.  "Christ has died. Christ is
risen. Christ will come again!"

I pray that I may have strong convictions that help me to stand up for my
faith even when others see me as different.  I pray that even though Jesus
does not physically walk this earth, that the day will come when he returns
in His glory.  I pray that I may take hope in the fact that I will
understand everything as I see God face-to-face.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Tammy asks prayers for my husband is having heart problems and is facing
more surgery. Madeline asks prayers for someone who must have a cyst that is
attached to her heart and lung surgically removed.  Jean asks prayers for a
special friend who had open heart surgery today.