<MP>Friday, 02 March 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 18:06:07 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
Join us on this wonderful 04-15 November Pilgrimage!

We have a brochure for our November 2007 Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
Imagine walking where Jesus walked, following the route of the real Stations
of the Cross, visiting the Tomb of Christ and his birthplace as well,
renewing Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, renewing Marriage vows or
praying for a deceased spouse at Cana in Galilee.

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy Land has been
their most popular destination!  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 0 7

Visit my special Lent page for lots of Lenten resources, including Pope
Benedict XVI's Lenten Message ... and STATIONS OF THE CROSS newly
illustrated by the 4th Graders of Saint Pat's School.  I wrote them for kids
and adults alike, in English and Spanish as well.  Just follow the link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these
things will be given to you as well."  ~Matthew 6:33

I can try to grow into a new life.  I can think of spiritual things often,
and unconsciously I can grow.  The nearer I get to the new life, the more I
can see my unfitness.  My sense of failure can be a sign that I am growing
in the new life.  It is only struggle that hurts.  In sloth--physical,
mental, or spiritual--there is no sense of failure or discomfort.  With
struggle and effort, I can be conscious not of strength but of weakness
until I am really living the new life.  But in the struggle, I can always
rely on the power of God to help me.

I pray that I may see signs of my growth in the new life.  I pray that I may
always keep trying to grow.

A member request prayers to find a suitable life partner. Carole asks
prayers for a special intention. Pat asks for prayers handling challenges at
work.

Donna asks prayers for a special intention. Mom asks prayer that daughter
with fertility problems conceive and become a mother. Judi asks prayers for
a special intention.

Cecelia asks for prayers for her friend who will be undergoing cancer
surgery on Friday. Claire asks prayers for a special intention. Miriam asks
prayers for a special intention. Mary Ann asks prayers for several
intentions.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site