<MP>Friday, 02 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 21:57:26 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

I T ' S    T R A N S P L A N T    D A Y
Today we made our way to Methodist Hospital for the second half of my Chemo
prior to the Stem Cell (adult stem cells taken from me) Transplant.  The
Transplant will take place today, Friday, 02 January.  We have to be at the
Hospital by 5 a.m. for 4 hours of hydration, then introduction of the stem
cells, then four more hours of hydration for a total of nine hours or more.
Please keep me in you prayers!  It was nice to have Mass tonight with the
good people at the Transplant House!  I wish for you a Happy, Healthy and
Hoy New Year!  Read much more at my blog, updated every day at:
www.frpat.com/mayoblog

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R
I wish all of you a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year.   Here's a favorite
forward of mine.  I hope you enjoy it.  It appears along with many other
things at my New Year's page:  www.frpat.com/newyear.htm

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

St. Basil the Great (329-379)
Basil was on his way to becoming a famous teacher when he decided to begin a
religious life of gospel poverty. After studying various modes of religious
life, he founded what was probably the first monastery in Asia Minor. He is
to monks of the East what St. Benedict is to the West, and his principles
influence Eastern monasticism today.

  For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

Anyone who denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses
the Son has the Father as well. Let what you heard from the beginning remain
in you. If what you heard from the beginning remains in you, then you will
remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that he made
us: eternal life.  ~1 John 2:22-28

So they said to him, "Who are you, so we can give an answer to those who
sent us? What do you have to say for yourself?" He said: "I am the voice of
one crying out in the desert, 'Make straight the way of the Lord,' as Isaiah
the prophet said." ~John 1:19-28

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Today we celebrate Saint Basil the great, the great defender against the
Arian heresy which denied the divinity of Jesus. In today's Gospel we hear
John tell us that "Anyone who denies the Son does not have the Father, but
whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well."  And we receive the
promise of eternal life. Through our faith-filled lives we can help others
believe the important truths of our faith.  And we can be like John the
Baptist, simply pointing the way to the promised Messiah . fully human and
fully divine all at the same time.

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Today I can affirm the divinity of Jesus Christ.  I can live this day with
Christ as king of my life.  I can make a decision to do the same tomorrow.
And I can help others to find Christ's divinity too, by my faith-filled life
and the example I set first with my actions, and then back up with my words.

I pray that I may always seek the truth.  I pray that I may be grateful for
John the Apostle, his privileged relationship with Jesus and all he shares
with us about God, His love for us and His call for us to love one another.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the willingness
to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being called to
Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God."  ~Psalm 46:10