<MP>Friday, 02 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 17:16:01 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate
your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who
persecute you,  so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he
makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the
righteous and on the unrighteous.  For if you love those who love you, what
reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?  And if you
greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others?
Do not even the Gentiles do the same?  Be perfect, therefore, as your
heavenly Father is  perfect."  ~Matthew 5:43-48

I can practice love, because lack of love will block the way.  I can try to
see good in all people, those I like and those who fret me and go against
the grain.  They are all children of God.  I can try to give love;
otherwise, how can I dwell in God's spirit from which nothing unloving can
come?  I can try to get along with all people, because the more love I give
away, the more I will have.

I pray that I may do all I can to love others, in spite of their many
faults.  I pray that as I love, so will I be loved.

Sophie asks prayers for a family with a serious heart problem. Bee asks
prayers that her son will be content with her new job. Member asks for
prayers for an 8th grade young man who has a malignant brain tumor. Matt ask
prayers that help him as he chooses his vocation. Marilyn asks for prayers
for friend's son who is newly diagnosed with cancer of throat. Ruth asks
prayers for a loved one who will have surgery for skin cancer.

Kris asks prayers for her husband who has had a relapse with cancer. A
member asks for prayers of thanksgiving for a joyous family reunion and
celebration of her son's wedding. Frank asks for prayers for two intentions.
Martha requests prayers for her brother who is suffering emotionally and for
herself as she plans a trip abroad with her small child.

Marilynn requests prayers for Our Lady of the Lake's missionary team who is
in Haiti providing dental care and building a school. Cindy asks prayers as
they raise funds for a Church restoration project.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site