<MP>Friday, 01 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:13:58 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E   T O    I T A L Y   2 0 0 8

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS NOW!!!  SAVE $100

   Call Pentecost Tours to make sure they receive
   your registration by Saturday:  1-800-713-9800

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS AUGUST 2nd!
   SIGN UP & PAY DEPOSIT BY THEN AND SAVE $100!

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI,
   Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)

   *** At least 16 of the 26 seats we're holding
   from La Crosse have already been taken.

   Use the BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

I hope you can join us for this wonderful Pilgrimage!

St. Alphonsus Liguori (1696-1787)
Moral theology, Vatican II said, should be more thoroughly nourished by
Scripture, and show the nobility of the Christian vocation of the faithful
and their obligation to bring forth fruit in charity for the life of the
world. Alphonsus, declared patron of moral theologians by Pius XII in 1950,
would rejoice in that statement. In his day, he fought for the liberation of
moral theology from the rigidity of Jansenism. His moral theology, which
went through 60 editions in the century following him, concentrated on the
practical and concrete problems of pastors and confessors. If a certain
legalism and minimalism crept into moral theology, it should not be
attributed to this model of moderation and gentleness.  For more, follow the
link below:

When Jeremiah finished speaking all that the LORD bade him speak to all the
people, the priests and prophets laid hold of him, crying, "You must be put
to death! Why do you prophesy in the name of the LORD: 'This house shall be
like Shiloh,' and 'This city shall be desolate and deserted'?" And all the
people gathered about Jeremiah in the house of the LORD. ~Jeremiah 26:1-9

But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his native
place and in his own house." And he did not work many mighty deeds there
because of their lack of faith. ~Matthew 13:54-58

Sometimes we can see so clearly that our loved ones are in danger or headed
in the wrong direction.  When we talk about it they don't listen at all.
That can make us even more frustrated.  Jeremiah and Jesus found themselves
in the same situation.  They had to concentrate on the ones who would
listen. When we're powerless to change others because they won't listen we
can pray for them. God can do for us what we could never do by ourselves.
We can trust in this truth.

I pray that my loved ones may stay on the right path. I pray that I may know
what to say, and when my words are not heeded that I may continue to pray
for them, commending them to the loving mercy of God.  I pray that I may
trust God to work in ways that I cannot.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Knights of Columbus Wisconsin State Council
La Crosse Diocesan Chaplain
Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site