<MP>BOS Saturday, 15 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:58:08 -0500 (CDT)

T E M P O R A R Y    N E W    F O R M A T

I'm still in Boston, but now can get Internet access at Mass. General
Hospital.  So, I'll compose a little different kind of Morning Prayer for
the next days, as I'm able.

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

I N    B O S T O N    R E C O V E R I N G

I continue to recover from Tuesday's surgery and will return to Onalaska
this coming Tuesday evening.
     From Father Pat Umberger

From today's Mass of Our Lady of Sorrows ...

When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple there whome he loved he said to
his mother, "Woman, behold your son."  Then he said to the disciple,
"Behold your mother." 'And from that hour the disciple too her into his
home.

.=: S A I N T    F O R    T O D A Y :=.

Our Lady of Sorrows.  Today we recall Mary's very important part in
Salvation History.  We know that her decision to say "Yes" to God led to
many more  decisions to say "Yes" and set the pattern for her life.  Her
life was full of great joy, and also with great sorrows.  Today we recall
Mary standing at the foot of the cross of Jesus and watching him die.

We don't like pain in our lives.  We certainly don't like to see those we
love suffer.  We have in Mary someone who understands completely.  As we
recall her sorrows, particularly in watching Jesus' friends turn against
him and then watching Him die on the cross, we know for sure her
compassionate understanding.  Mary can be with us in our own sorrows.
Like Mary, we can face those sorrows with faith and hope, knowing the
Lord's presence with us always.

I pray that I may know that God is with me in the sorrows and
disappointments of my life.  I pray that I may be there to help shoulder
the burdens of others who are in sorrow.