<MP> Tuesday,12 September, 2006

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:07:05 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Subject: Tuesday, 12 September 2006

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

I ' M    I N    B O S T O N

I'll be in Boston from 08-12 September for medical tests.  My eye cancer was
treated at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary ten years ago and I go back
for annual checkups.  In my absence Margie, our Pastoral Minister, will send
Morning Prayer.  Individual intentions will not appear during that time
because prayers will be prepared in advance.  Let's pray for one another's
intentions during that time.  I'll remember you and your intentions as I
visit the many Churches of Boston!

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Our School starts on September 5th.  This coming weekend we'll bless all
students, teachers, bus drivers, administrators, custodians, lunch room
workers, aides, university presidents, etc.  Visit the Web Site for a parish
blessing and also an individual blessing parents can pray with their
children on the first day of school, and every day if they wish.  I also
include plenty of good links for parents, children and teens.  Just follow
the link from:

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

..=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"If your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light; but if it is not
healthy, your body is full of darkness."  ~Luke 11:34

..=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"If your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light; but if it is not
healthy, your body is full of darkness."  The eye of the soul is the will.
If our will is to do the will of God, to serve God with our lives, to serve
God by helping others, then truly shall our whole body be full of light. The
important thing is to strive that our will be attuned to the will of God, a
single eye to God's purpose, desiring nothing less than that God's purposes
be fulfilled.  We can try to seek in all things the advance of God's
kingdom, seek the spiritual values of honesty and purity, unselfishness and
love, and earnestly desire spiritual growth. Then our life will emerge from
the darkness of futility into the light of victory.

..=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that my eye may be healthy.  I pray that my life may be lived in the
light of the best that I know.

..=: S C R I P T U R E S   A N D   S A I N T   O F   T H E   D A Y :=

..=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

..=:  A    D A I L Y    B L E S S I N G  :=.