<MP> Sunday, 10 September 2006

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 16:44:53 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 09/07/06 07:15:32
Subject: Sunday;, 10 September 2006

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

I ' M    I N    B O S T O N

I'll be in Boston from 08-12 September for medical tests.  My eye cancer was
treated at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary ten years ago and I go back
for annual checkups.  In my absence Margie, our Pastoral Minister, will send
Morning Prayer.  Individual intentions will not appear during that time
because prayers will be prepared in advance.  Let's pray for one another's
intentions during that time.  I'll remember you and your intentions as I
visit the many Churches of Boston!

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Our School starts on September 5th.  This coming weekend we'll bless all
students, teachers, bus drivers, administrators, custodians, lunch room
workers, aides, university presidents, etc.  Visit the Web Site for a parish
blessing and also an individual blessing parents can pray with their
children on the first day of school, and every day if they wish.  I also
include plenty of good links for parents, children and teens.  Just follow
the link from:

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

..=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"No slave can serve two masters; for a slave will either hate the one and
love the other, or be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot
serve God and wealth."  ~Luke 16:13

..=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

Sometimes we'd like the full and complete satisfaction that we can find in
serving God and all the satisfactions of the world as well. It is not easy
to serve both God and the world.  It is difficult to claim the rewards of
both.  If we work for God, we can still have great rewards in the world.  We
can also be prepared to sometimes stand apart from the world.  If we turn to
the world for all the rewards which life has to offer we can be
disappointed.  If we try sincerely to serve God, we can have other and
greater rewards than the world has to offer.

..=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may not expect too much from the world.  I pray that I may be
content with the rewards that come from serving God.

..=: S C R I P T U R E S   A N D   S A I N T   O F   T H E   D A Y :=

..=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

..=:  A    D A I L Y    B L E S S I N G  :=.