<MP> Saturday, 09, September 2006

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:33:35 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 09/07/06 07:15:52
Subject: Saturday, 09 September 2006

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

I ' M    I N    B O S T O N

I'll be in Boston from 08-12 September for medical tests.  My eye cancer was
treated at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary ten years ago and I go back
for annual checkups.  In my absence Margie, our Pastoral Minister, will send
Morning Prayer.  Individual intentions will not appear during that time
because prayers will be prepared in advance.  Let's pray for one another's
intentions during that time.  I'll remember you and your intentions as I
visit the many Churches of Boston!

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Our School starts on September 5th.  This coming weekend we'll bless all
students, teachers, bus drivers, administrators, custodians, lunch room
workers, aides, university presidents, etc.  Visit the Web Site for a parish
blessing and also an individual blessing parents can pray with their
children on the first day of school, and every day if they wish.  I also
include plenty of good links for parents, children and teens.  Just follow
the link from:

       www.frpat.com

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

..=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore
we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake
in the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the
mountains tremble with its tumult.  There is a river whose streams make glad
the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. God is in the midst
of the city; it shall not be moved; God will help it when the morning
dawns."  ~Psalm 46:1-5

..=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

In God's strength we can conquer life.  Our conquering power is the grace of
God.  There can be no complete failure with God.  When we want to make the
best of life, then we can live as near as possible to God, the master and
giver of all life.  Our reward for depending on God's strength can be sure.
Sometimes the reward can be renewed power to face life, sometimes wrong
thinking overcome, sometimes people brought to a new way of living. Whatever
success comes will not be our own doing, but largely the working out of the
grace of God.

..=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may try to rely more fully on the grace of God.  I pray that I
may live a victorious life.

..=: S C R I P T U R E S   A N D   S A I N T   O F   T H E   D A Y :=

..=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

..=:  A    D A I L Y    B L E S S I N G  :=.